First, a quick assessment to earn more new business on Linkedin…
Below are three “Yes/No” questions regarding your current experience with Linkedin:
- Are you fully satisfied with the results you receive from Linkedin?
- Is Linkedin truly helping you to grow your business or meet the other objectives you’d like for it?
- Do you receive a steady flow of new leads, sales, qualified visitors to your website, brand recognition, etc., or achieve your other very specific business goals on Linkedin?
If your answer to any was “No”, please take heart and know that turning them all to “Yes” is entirely under your control.
Because it’s usually not Linkedin’s shortcoming when desired results are not achieved or experienced.
People seem to have collectively established and tend to stick to boring and unnecessary traditional patterns, such as business owners talking about themselves and placing resumes’ on their Linkedin Profiles instead of publishing content that will engage and resonate with prospective clients, customers or patients.
Whether you’re responsible for business strategy, development, running a sales organization, an individual sales professional, recruiting, or anything related to growth, Linkedin should be viewed and positioned by companies and small businesses as a prospective-clients-facing sales tool.
You own it, it’s your media space, you decide how it’s going to be used. Even if you read no further, please embrace that idea.
Generating more new business is something one can absolutely expect from the largest social network for professionals…
Linkedin is an exceptional tool and a resource that will produce astonishing results for you, as long as you:
Acknowledge and embrace the mindset that 100% of your success is dependent on two critical factors:
- The level of your Linkedin content and interactions is always congenial, high-quality, engaging, interesting and of true-value to the viewers of your Profile and Messages.
- Your commitment to follow and fully accomplish the processes provided here is consistently high and continual.
When you fulfill these two requirements in a blue-ribbon manner, sales pitches and strong calls-to-action become unnecessary.
Because people from your Linkedin Network will come to you…
Important Notes About Your Linkedin
Profile and Messages Content
Your Profile and Messages should be approached and developed with the intention of being genuinely cordial, congenial, respectful and helpful to as many qualified professionals as you can.
Strive to proceed with the mindset that you are in business to help people solve problems and fulfill desires that makes their lives better.
The more you can remove your self from the thought equation the more others will benefit from the upcoming experiences, including you.
Envision and write your Profile and Messages in interesting, engaging, pleasurable to read and gainful (to them) ways. There may be a likelihood for your current Profile to be reimagined and possibly rewritten entirely.
Also, plan and try to write with the idea of teaching about relevant subjects most people may not already know that will be of benefit to them.
This is an always goal, that helps maintain interest, for your Profile and Messages.
Making an effort to create and offer free gifts (usually digital) regarding areas of your expertise to people in your Network will be of great service to all involved.
Contributions such as a quality PDF or video that provides quality information they may not be aware of and is of high-interest to them.
Monitor and observe any feedback you receive of any form and be prepared to test, edit and possibly rewrite until you sense your Profile and Messages are resonating with the people from your Linkedin Network.
Most people would like to earn more new business on Linkedin too.
While others on Linkedin would like to sell their products and services to you too, they almost always interact professionally and are open to ideas and offers that will help their careers and lives. Be congenial in your approach and the Linkedin community will respond back to you in the very same way.
An extremely important element is that your Profile and Message content copy piques people’s interest, fascinates and captivates them to its end. If that feels like a tall order, copywriting assistance is available for any business or industry type.
Please Note: Once your Profile and Messages content is written, tested and the processes customized for your business, administrative and other assistants can perform the assignments for you going forward with minimal oversight necessary.
If you follow this model closely, you will receive virtually no complaints or criticisms. When you make a terrific case for your products, people will respond with healthy interest and become clients.
And why wouldn’t they?
Your “New Business” Process For Linkedin
• Define and document detailed ideal client (target) market demographics in terms of decision-maker and buyer roles. Include titles, industries and other determining factors. You are going to reach many interested and qualified buyers. Who are the people who want and need your products, services, etc., and where are they?
• Establish your general strategy for execution and processes. This is dictated by your industry, business type, markets, sales cycle, etc.
• Author, test and refine Linkedin Profile as appropriate until satisfied a suitable number of visitors are reading, remaining engaged throughout and responsive as verified by results, positive feedback received and other indicators (sales, discussions, meetings, etc.).
• Author, test and refine Messages copy as appropriate until satisfied the recipients are responsive, as verified by results monitoring and other indicators. Send daily flow of messages to targeted Linkedin users.
• Compile a list of qualified ‘Viewers To Profile’ (name, title, city, company). Identify 2nd and 3rd Degree Connections for Premium InMail contact.
• Author, test and refine Messages to “retarget” qualified Profile viewers. Appropriate timeframes for scheduling retargeting Messages and other correspondences determined by you as appropriate.
• Add new prospects to your master contact lists (Rolodex, Email list, etc.).
• Send Invitations To “Connect” daily. Develop a growing base and flow.
• Review, retain and document available Linkedin and other analytical data, charting growth, results and other improvements.
• Integrate links to websites into Profile and Messages as appropriate.
• Execute, document and refine your Linkedin strategy for sales results.
• New business and solving problems are usually the end-goal for all involved.
Engagement and Growth Within Your Linkedin Network
Connecting with people to grow your Linkedin Network should occur in two places, 1) “Who viewed your profile”, 2) Linkedin Search (demographics, etc.)
The “Who viewed your profile” line chart should usually be trending northward and be relatively close to a straight line. A sawtooth effect usually means days were missed or maximum connects were reached. Withdrawing unaccepted invitations will resolve the latter; the oldest withdrawn first.
To perpetually earn more new business on Linkedin your Network should continally grow in number, quality and overall results.
Linkedin analytics are not robust and you won’t acquire much in the way of helpful statistical data. However, you will receive strong indicators when your Linkedin efforts are returning dividends from the positive feedback you receive, the sales cycle interactions you’ll be engaging in and the new business you will be enjoying.
When people begin reporting back that they: “Read your profile with great interest.”, “Informative.”, “Extremely interesting.” “You nailed it.”, “Can we talk?”, “Can we meet?” and other positive returns, then you’ll know that your content is resonating and engaging with your viewers.
Please never give up, no matter what. If you’re determined, you will get it right and earn more new business on Linkedin.
Let me know if you have difficulty getting your Linkedin Profile or Messaging to convert.
Ask me if you’d like In-The-Flow to handle Linkedin for your company as a project. You will be delighted with the results.
P.S. A copy of this article is available on PDF if you’d like one “to-go”…
P. S. S. Good marketing and good selling!